The Student Climate Action Network (SCAN) is a space for like-minded high school students to meet together once a month in their local area to share ideas, learn from each other and collaborate on local climate action. Students are mentored and supported by AYCC youth volunteers, with SCAN sessions including guest speakers, skills and leadership training and opportunities to plan in-school sustainability campaigns.
SCAN is a space to learn change-making skills, troubleshoot with and learn from other high school students, and get inspiration to lead the Repower our Schools campaign in your school!
Through SCAN you can:
- Develop an understanding of climate change science and impacts and the role of young people in leading solutions
- Develop skills in leadership, campaigning, organising, event management, communications and public speaking
- Meet other high school students passionate about climate action
- Learn how to engage with local political leaders and key decision makers
- Help build momentum for renewable energy in your community
Sign up below to join SCAN and we’ll be in touch about how you can be involved in your local area!